So this is my new 'Spring/Summer '07 Inspiration Abound Collection'
It's taken me fucking ages!!
Each piece has been inspired by something or other and suprosingly most of it isn't everyday wearable items.
My favorite is the black and red corset and dress... I love that one
Descriptions - (no materials can't be arsed!!)
1) - Inspired by a mini-challenge by
to design a blue school uniform. I took my inspiration from anime and military uniforms.... i like how it came out really
2) - Inspired by a Project Runway challenge. They had to design a Ice Skating costume for an olympic ice skater. So i had a go myself. I wanted something really fresh and light looking like spring or sorbet.
3) - Inspired by the pirate show on Sky One (don't remember what it was called) but also my pirate alter-ego. I want her coat!!
4) - Inspired by Graeco-Roman women. Stylish and yet powerful. I wanted to use really prominent powerful colours and i love how it turned out!!
5) - Inspired by the first dress in my Spring/Summer dress collection. Wanted to redesign it into something more everyday. Really dissapointed on how this scanned. It's actually a really vibrant jade colour.
6) - Inspired by a coat on a character i sketched but also by Victorian gentlemen and that classic image of the Victorian vampire with their long crushed velvet coats and top hats. Love the coat!
7) - Inspired by... POP!! I have no idea how this came about it just did. Kinda thought of Japanese street fashion and all the bright colours and the big logos and things you get. I really like how this came out and i'd love to get it made one day.
8) - Inspired by a photo i stole from a magazine at college. It's supposed to look firey on the bodice yet the skirt is ruffled almost like soot or smoke. No shoes on this one just long thick knee high tights.
9) - Inspired by the military of course!! Not a whole lot other than that that i can say about this one really! Again love the coat, especially the cut at the front.
And for the finale.....
10) - My piece for Breast Cancer Awareness Week. Ok so it's late! I have a sketch that matches this but i don't have it coloured yet. Simple pink dress with pink ribbon details.
So yes i know this is a bit late really for Spring/Summer. I suppose i just got there but i did start this in June!!
Like i say it's taken me ages to finish it because i've had to wait for the inspiration to come to me.
It's very dark in comparison to the other two collections but in a way this one shows more of me... what i'm about.